When you’re looking at hiring qualified employees with disabilities, here are some of the best practices to get started:
- Learn about local available resources for training, awareness, and support.
- Create opportunities for job shadowing.
- Conduct informational interviews.
- Host a Disability Mentoring Day.
- Participate in National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
- Embed disability components into training for HR and new employees, and include disability in diversity training.
- Participate in job fairs.
- Create internships.
- Join the Business Leadership Network in your state.
- Connect with Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies in your state and work with them on how you can participate; distribute position announcements to them.